Rules – Athletes
RULES AND REGULATION FOR ATHLETES
Athletes: Individual Applications – Overseas Athletes
- 1. Athletes must complete the application form for approval.
- 2. Athletes must write a letter of intent, supported by a copy of their Black Belt Licenses and Kukkiwon Certificate, Grenadian Passport, 2 references (including their Instructor) and 2 passport size photos. These will be submitted along with the Application Form.
- 3. Athletes must provide a recent medical certificate.
- 4. Athletes will pay a registration fee of $50 EC to be submitted with the application form.
- 5. An annual membership fee of $150 EC is to be paid to the GTA following registration.
- 6. Athletes are expected to be team members and represent Grenada respectfully at all times.
- 7. Athletes will report to the President of the GTA or the appointed Team Manager at Competitions.
- 8. The Coach for the Overseas Athlete must be approved by the GTA to coach the Athlete at overseas games. An athlete training with a particular school and coach does not automatically give that Coach/Instructor approval to represent the athlete and by extension the country. Credentials and a brief profile must be provided along with the Application along with references. The Coach may provide a reference for the Athlete. A second reference will also be needed.
- 9. The Athlete and coach representing Grenada must do so with respect at all times. They must also understand that they are represented by the Grenada Taekwon-do Association and relevant acknowledgement is required.
- 10. The GTA will support fundraising efforts for students that are selected to represent Grenada where possible.
- 11. The GTA is the main liaison for the Athletes to the Olympic Committee and the Ministry of Sports and other associates including the media.
- 12. The GTA is responsible for promoting and informing students of upcoming events and opportunities.
- 13. The GTA is responsible for the submission of press releases relating to student’s participation and successes. In the absence of a GTA representative, the athlete should provide all relevant information within 48 hours. Including seeking approval for all media coverage and interviews.
- 14. Athletes interested in a particular competition not advertised by the GTA must send their interest in writing no later than 30 days before the competition.
- 15. Athletes will provide all details requested by the GTA and will do so in a time allotted with regards to reports and updates.
- 16. The GTA will be responsible for registration of all Athletes at local, regional and international competitions.
- 17. Each Athlete will be responsible for the payment of the competition fee unless sponsorship is provided.
- 18. Both Senior and junior athletes are expected to compete in the main competitions which include Senior World Championships, Junior World Championships, Pan-American Taekwon-do Championships, and the Pan-American Games.
- 19. Other competitions though optional enhance the Athlete’s opportunities for success.
- 20. After each competition, both athlete and coach must submit a brief report to the GTA no later than 48 hours after returning to their respective countries.
- 21. Athletes must address senior officials of the GTA, coaches and instructors respectfully.
- 22. The GTA operates with a zero tolerance code with regards to unacceptable behavior from any student. And is within its rights to withdraw any student from a competition or future competitions and further expulsion from competing for Grenada.
- 23. Athletes will be asked to complete a feedback form to the GTA on a regular basis to give them the opportunity to let the organisation know if there have been any concerns or should they have any recommendations for improvement to the service provided.
- 24. The GTA will maintain records of all athletes and schools registered with the GTA, keeping a progress sheet and also advising on ways that athletes and organisations can improve.
- 25. Selection of athletes for main competitions in particular the Olympic Qualifiers will be done by the Selection Committee of the GTA in collaboration with Instructors.
- 26. Athletes must abide by the rules and regulations of the GTA at all times. Failure to do so can result in expulsion.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Only the big news, delivered right to you!