Rules – Organisations
RULES AND REGULATION FOR ORGASATIONS – Appendix 11
The rules and regulations of the Grenada Taekwon-do Association (GTA) have been amended this day December 15th, 2008 and again on January 28th, 2020 to improve the organisation’s services and enable them to function more efficiently and effectively.
The GTA aims to register all World Taekwon-do (WT) and other Taekwon-do schools in the near future and to provide a quality service to all its members. The rules and regulations are written as guidelines for Organisations. The GTA is responsible for the annual fees to the World Taekwon-do, Grenada Olympic Committee and the Pan American Taekwon-do Union. Organisational members would be entitled to one vote at elections held every 4 years. All licence fees must be paid in advance of General Assembly and Extraordinary meetings. The GTA is committed to using the World Taekwon-do’s GMS system to upload organisations details and obtain licence fees.
1. Persons wishing to open new schools must be certified and approved by the GTA.
2. They must complete the registration form and allow for at least 7 days for a
decision. Process may take longer if all documentation is not provided or if there are
3. The person making the submission, must provide relevant documentation
including 2 references, a profile, 2 passport size photos, a letter of intent and a brief
proposal. One reference should be from another professional person such as a Police
Officer, Reverend, or Business Person and should be local. A copy of the company’s
registration and or constitution must be submitted with the Application Form.
4. The school Instructor must have a valid Black Belt License for Taekwon-do and or
Kukkiwon Certificate or its equivalent.
5. The school Instructor is expected to wear the professional Dobok (uniform) when
carrying out classes.
6. An organisation (School) must pay a registration fee of $100EC with this
application to be submitted with the application form.
7. Following approval and confirmation, organisations must pay a yearly fee of
$300EC.8. Organisations will be asked to submit an annual report. They should also provide
quarterly progress reports to the GTA for their schools.
9. Organisations are required to ensure that their instructors have annual medical
certificates and require the same for their students.
10. Any oversees affiliation must be declared by the school and approved by the
11. The Instructor must seek the approval for Grading from the GTA if not a 4th
Degree Black Belt.
12. Oversees Instructors are only appointed or approved by the GTA.
13. Selection of students to compete at WT sanctioned games and other
International Taekwon-do competitions must be done so through the Selection
Committee of the GTA based on recommendations by the Instructors.
14. The School should aim to function with a minimum of 8 students at any time.
15. The GTA is authorized to inspect the school and the progress of the students
from time to time.
16. The GTA will co-op on fund-raising and other matters with the school as
17. The GTA is the main contact for the Grenada Olympic Committee and Ministry of
Sports on behalf of Taekwon-do.
18. Press Releases and other media release must be approved by the GTA.
19. No Instructor or Manager of a school is to act on behalf of the GTA or use the
GTA’s name without prior written approval.
20. The GTA will inform the School of any upcoming competitions and training
opportunities that can benefit the school, the Instructor and its students.
21. The GTA will support the provision of equipment at local competitions and
activities when available.
22. School instructors must discuss with the GTA any plans to host workshops, camps
and other events and activities and request permission in writing.
23. The GTA has to approve any visits by overseas instructors and international
24. The GTA will respond to emails and other communications within 48 hours of
receiving it. Communications can be sent to the President and or Vice President or at
the GTA’s main email address [email protected]
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Only the big news, delivered right to you!